At Proveer at Northgate in Houston, TX, we are a senior living community dedicated entirely to individuals living with Alzheimer’s and other forms of dementia. Understanding the value of recalling important moments in their lives, we work with our residents to recreate some of their fondest memories with “My Moment,” part of our signature program, Cherish.
What is the Cherish Memory Care program?
Our specialized program is designed to provide exceptional care and support for residents and their families who are struggling with memory loss. The program is:
- Personalized: We understand that everyone is unique and has particular needs. We take the time to get to know you and your family as individuals so that we can provide an individualized experience that makes you feel at home.
- Engaging: An engaging lifestyle is an important element in slowing the progression of dementia. We provide a structured environment full of opportunities for residents to use their skills as well as have new experiences and opportunities for socialization.
- Meaningful: We take a holistic approach to care. We work in tandem with families to create a plan of care that works best for the well-being of the whole person, from mental to physical to emotional.
- Innovative: We use the latest technology and therapeutic approaches to support our residents and give them hope for the future.
- Cost-effective: As extra peace of mind, Cherish Memory Care won’t break the bank, but you are always guaranteed your loved one will get the best care available.
My Moment: Recreating High School Memories for a Veteran Senior
Following recent local high school graduations, Proveer at Northgate made a dream come true for Mr. Harry, one of our residents and a veteran. Memory Care Director, Sandra McCook, coordinated the event and reenacted Harry’s high school graduation ceremony, which included a full presentation of his diploma and a photo of his parents, which is now proudly displayed in his apartment.
“As we traveled back in time, we relived Harry’s most favorite memory of his very own high school graduation,” says Sandra. “He recalled how happy and proud his Mom was. He could still remember the look on her face.”
“It was a beautiful memory for one of the many beloved individuals who live here,” she adds. “It is so rewarding for our team to be able to celebrate him in this unique way.”
This is just one example of how we honor our residents and keep their memories alive every day.
We’ll Cherish your loved one’s memories, too.
We’d love the chance to get to know you and share how we can honor your loved one by providing them with the best memory care. Connect with us today and learn how we can help.