How Proveer at Northgate Incorporates the Houston Area into Cherish Memory Care Programming
Proveer at Northgate is a senior living community in North Houston, TX. We are committed to caring for those struggling with Alzheimer’s or other forms of dementia.
What is Cherish Memory Care?
Cherish Memory Care is our special brand of memory care programming with Proveer at Northgate.
|Cherish programming is as individual as each resident. We want to know the specific needs your loved one has so we can tailor our care to make the most of each day.
|Every day is structured to provide the comfort of a predictable routine while still giving residents opportunities to have new experiences through exploration of the world around them.
|Having a sense of purpose is important to seniors. We encourage them to take a role, no matter how small, in making the community a better place.
|Dementia research has come so far and continues to advance. With Proveer at Northgate, we make it a priority to stay in the know and incorporate new technology for the care of dementia as it becomes available.
Why do seniors with dementia need engaging activities?
Careful, deliberate curation of meaningful activities can have many benefits for seniors with dementia, according to the AARP.
- Improve quality of life – Having fun things to do just makes life better, and as the saying goes, rolling stones gather no moss.
- Lessen anxiety and depression – Activities provide an outlet for pent-up energy that can lead to anxiety and agitation. They also give residents socialization opportunities and something to look forward to.
- Maintain motor skills – Seniors often lose fine motor skills as they age. Practicing things like buttons, zippers, and writing will help maintain those skills and foster a sense of independence.
- Exercise the body – Whether it is walking or chair exercises, physical activity boosts the mood with natural serotonin and keeps the body in good shape.
- Exercise the brain – Keeping the brain active helps slow the effects of Alzheimer’s.
- Self expression – Communication becomes more difficult as dementia progresses, but artistic endeavors can give seniors a way to express themselves.
- Sense of purpose – By incorporating everyday life skills into the daily routine, seniors retain a connection to a larger purpose in the community.
How does Proveer at Northgate incorporate engaging activities into Cherish planning?
With Proveer at Northgate, we utilize a combination of activities in the residential community and excursions into the greater Houston area to creatively put together an exciting and diverse schedule of events.
- Physical exercise consists of chair yoga or other chair exercises, movements that are simple but beneficial for seniors. It can also be a walk or simply a picnic in one of the many parks in the Houston area.
- Music activities include listening to tunes, having a sing along, or visiting the Houston Symphony on a summer night.
- Whether residents are making arts and crafts at the community or touring the Museum of Fine Arts, there is plenty to inspire and invigorate art-loving seniors.
- Sensory activities provide tactile stimulation for residents with visits from local animals or even trips to the Houston Zoo with a stop to touch the goats at the petting zoo!
How Proveer at Northgate Can Help Your Loved One
Proveer at Northgate is dedicated to providing the best care to seniors with Alzheimer’s and other types of dementia in the Houston area. We don’t want to just settle for meeting basic needs. We want our residents to thrive and continue to live a happy life. Come visit us and see for yourself.